Manages testing programs with a key focus on aligning deliverables with overarching strategy. Oversees all aspects of a wide range of product testing projects related to the online privacy and information security of network and Internet-connected software and hardware consumer products. This includes the planning, development, deployment, support and successful delivery of all phases of assigned product testing work to meet organizational expectations.
Thorough understanding of and experience with:
o home-router-based wired (Ethernet) and wireless (802.11x Wi-Fi with encryption) IP networking, router settings and features, and LAN architecture
o DHCP and commonly-used IP protocols and packet types for both general-purpose computing and Internet of Things (IoT) communications
o WAN communications standards common to home networks and consumer-level Internet Service Providers (ISPs)
o Tools for monitoring, logging and analyzing IP communications (Ex: Wireshark, Burpsuite, Pineapple)
o Best-practice principles for keeping personal communications secure from hackers and unauthorized monitoring
o Installation of desktop software on the Windows and Mac OS platforms
o Installation of mobile apps on the Android, iOS and Windows platforms
● Within Privacy, manages complex programs , ensuring appropriate planning, coordination and oversight of test projects related to data privacy and internet security while monitoring timelines and costs.
● Oversees, and approves elements of assigned programs from inception to completion. Responsible for program tactics, proposal development, product testing design, assessment of product and service evaluation methodologies, evaluation of outcomes and ratings as well as documenting reports of results.
● Ensures that data meet established standards for accuracy, repeatability, reproducibility, and dependability.
● Keeps abreast of industry testing standards and market trends, evaluating and providing recommendations to improve existing testing procedures.
● Develops and maintains ratings and model descriptions based on product evaluations.
● Reviews content to ensure the information is technically accurate, defensible, and current.
● Ensures a holistic view of consumer needs is developed, understood and central to the product and services evaluation programs.
● Develops, maintains relationships and coordinates activities with internal and external experts in related fields. Determines how best to utilize relevant internal and external resources.
● Identifies and contracts with appropriate external resources to complete projects as necessary. Responsible for the Request for Proposal (RFP) process to engage resources and negotiates details of various vendor contracts and deliverables. Monitors and tracks work of external vendors to ensure strict adherence to negotiated contracts and protocols.
● Partners with Content Development staff to ensure technical accuracy.
● Drafts test protocols including identifying, updating and iterating methodologies as necessary.
● Oversees the work of assigned project staff; scheduling and monitoring work. Trains and coaches project staff, providing feedback on performance as needed.
● Coordinates with functional manager to enable appropriate availability of resources.
● Performs other related duties as necessary.