- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent, with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in cybersecurity development and testing with Internet connected devices, mobile apps, and software. Master's degree preferred.
- Proficiency in using spreadsheet software.
- Written and verbal skills to clearly and accurately report test methods and results as well as explain them in a way that is understandable by content creators who are not technically knowledgeable.
Thorough understanding of and experience with:
- Home-router-based wired (Ethernet) and wireless (802.11x Wi-Fi with encryption) IP networking, router settings and features, and LAN architecture
- DHCP and commonly-used IP protocols and packet types for both general-purpose computing and Internet of Things (IoT) communications
- WAN communications standards common to home networks and consumer-level Internet Service Providers (ISPs)
- Tools for monitoring, logging and analyzing IP communications (Ex: Wireshark, Burpsuite, Pineapple)
- Best-practice principles for keeping personal communications secure from hackers and unauthorized monitoring
- Installation of desktop software on the Windows and Mac OS platforms
- Installation of mobile apps on the Android, iOS and Windows platforms
Additionally, candidates should:
- Have a keen interest in analyzing network communications and seeking out weaknesses in security and privacy of home networks in general and of connected devices and the software installed on them.
- Be self-motivated to go beyond the minimum requirements of the assigned work to discover unanticipated vulnerabilities and security flaws that may affect the privacy of consumers.