- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent, with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in cybersecurity development and testing with Internet connected devices, mobile apps, and software. Master's degree preferred.
- Proficiency in using spreadsheet software.
- Written and verbal skills to clearly and accurately report test methods and results as well as explain them in a way that is understandable by content creators who are not technically knowledgeable.
- Thorough understanding of and experience with:
- home-router-based wired (Ethernet) and wireless (802.11x Wi-Fi with encryption) IP networking, router settings and features, and LAN architecture
- DHCP and commonly-used IP protocols and packet types for both general-purpose computing and Internet of Things (IoT) communications
- WAN communications standards common to home networks and consumer-level Internet Service Providers (ISPs)
- Tools for monitoring, logging and analyzing IP communications (Ex: Wireshark, Burpsuite, Pineapple)
- Best-practice principles for keeping personal communications secure from hackers and unauthorized monitoring
- Installation of desktop software on the Windows and Mac OS platforms
- Installation of mobile apps on the Android, iOS and Windows platforms
- Additionally, candidates should:
- Have a keen interest in analyzing network communications and seeking out weaknesses in security and privacy of home networks in general and of connected devices and the software installed on them.
- Be self-motivated to go beyond the minimum requirements of the assigned work to discover unanticipated vulnerabilities and security flaws that may affect the privacy of consumers.
- Performs other duties of the department, but not those of a higher level§ Plans, coordinates and oversees test projects.
- Implements testing protocols and ensures proper implementation.
- Knowledge of test methodologies, equipment and protocols.
- Ensures that test data meet established standards for accuracy, repeatability, reproducibility and dependability.
- Designs and helps to build test equipment and develops methods to accomplish goals defined by test protocols as required.
- Prepares preliminary test project protocols.
- Evaluates and recommends improvements to existing test procedures.
- Actively participates as a member of a product testing and content team, conferring with other team members as necessary to ensure objectives for quality and timeliness are met.
- Ensures quality of test projects and strives for continuous quality improvement by celebrating successes and reducing errors.
- Ensures maintenance and calibration of lab equipment.
- Ensures ratings are delivered accurately and within established deadlines.
- Interacts with manufacturers and retailers as necessary.
- Performs other duties of the department, but not those of a higher level