The Operations Manager works closely with the Chief Marketing Officer to help steward, coordinate and manage the activities of the marketing division.
This is a Limited Duration Role, expected to last 1 year with the possibility of extension. During that year, candidates will be an employee of the organization and receive benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Five to seven years of experience in complex organizations
- Demonstrated ability to execute operationally and navigate organizations to “get things done
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; talented communicator and project manage
- Strong team player with an ability to build relationships and trust
- Resilience with an ability to focus and stay on track
- Solid project management skills: ability to think carefully through the
- steps to complete a complex task’
- Advanced Google (docs, sheets, slides) and Microsoft Suite (Word, Powerpoint and Excel) and an ability to quickly grasp concepts and translate them into documentation. Ease with learning new software and databases.
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Partners with CMO to set priorities, coordinates the resources for key operating activities and events effectively, performs project management and completes high-reliability follow-up on task tracking and completion
- Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement and recommends courses of action for the CMO’s review while providing knowledgeable and strategic insight and is a key ally to the CMO in the execution of the organization’s operating plan
- Supports the CMO and Marketing Leadership Team by preparing and coordinating agendas; acting as facilitator in meetings; and monitoring and reporting on follow up and action items
- May act in the CMO’s stead in meetings and other situations, when necessary, demonstrating a high degree of judgment and professionalism
- Partners with marketing leadership and across the organization to ensure seamless day-to-day operations and follow up concerning the operating priorities
- Works closely with and supports the efforts of divisions across the organization to maintain a sense of urgency concerning operating priorities, ensure teamwork, communication and timely follow up
- Manages ad hoc projects and supervises teams as required
- Manages transparent communication throughout the organization by
- partnering with the Internal Communications function through staff gatherings, larger meetings, email, publications and more
- Stays abreast of industry trends and best practices, identifying
- opportunities to improve Consumer Reports’ methods, structure, tools, and staff expertise