- BA/BS in Accounting, CPA preferred, plus a minimum of 8 or more years experience in accounting operations including supervisory experience preferably in a union environment.
- Requires a solid understanding of GAAP accounting, internal controls, and financial statement preparation including footnotes.
- Strong budgeting, financial analysis, and analytical skills.
- Highly proficient at Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, & PowerPoint).
- Excellent accounting research skills (referencing authoritative literature).
Experience should include auditing and accounting in the publishing and not-for-profit industries, public auditing firm experience a plus.
- Previous supervisory payroll experience and knowledge of Oracle Financials and IBM Cognos (TM1) is a plus.
- Models behaviors that guide, motivate, and inspire individuals and groups towards reaching their goals.
- Is an excellent manager of people and projects.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Actively participates in discussions without dominating; has the patience to hear people out; builds on others thoughts/ideas.
- Excels at time and task management, scope and budget planning, including deadline management and contingency planning.
- Able to engage staff members and create a climate where people want to do their best.
- Ability to solve problems – identifies key questions and finds, collects, assimilates and analyzes data for trends and insights.
- Ability to reengineer processes to optimize efficiencies and accuracy.
Personal Attributes and Winning Behaviors:
- Expresses and promotes a positive “can-do” view and attitude.
- Self motivated – steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Is persistent and perseveres through challenging obstacles.
- Operates with urgency; today not tomorrow.
- Removes obstacles, overcomes hurdles, and gets things done.
- Accountable, proactive and disciplined – follows through.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse audience on major projects
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Normal physical requirements associated with working in an office environment and prolonged computer use.