The Full Stack Software Engineer is a key member of the Agile team responsible for designing and building software components for the delivery of web applications to millions of Consumer Reports users. This role involves working hand-in-hand with business units to build state of the art scalable and robust web applications that are consumer centric.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields and three years of relevant experience in lieu.
● Extensive experience in software development, modern design patterns and web technologies under e-commerce enabled environments using multi-tier architectures.
● Experience with development environments that leverage Java, Spring framework, or Ruby on Rails, application servers, multi-threading.
● Experience with Web Services, REST and API design. Experience with cloud services such as Amazon AWS or Heroku a plus.
● Experience with relational/SQL databases, ORM and data abstraction technologies. Knowledge of No-SQL databases, MapReduce, or Hadoop a plus.
Normal physical requirements associated with working in an office environment such as prolonged sitting, repetitive motion such as typing on a computer keyboard, etc.
● Design, develop, implement, and test software modules and other technology components for consumerreports.org and related customer-facing web properties using agile software development practices.
● Develop and implement payment, billing and/or dynamic content delivery systems.
● Analyze business requirements, provide development estimates and feedback, and determine implementation/execution approaches.
● Work with other software engineers, database developers, infrastructure, operations and QA teams to design and implement quality software solutions.
● Support, troubleshoot, monitor and optimize existing software systems.
● Help streamline software development by contributing to implementation of a continual integration process, automating manual processes, and eliminating defects.
● Performs other duties as assigned but not at a higher level.