Responsible for overall management of web and mobile assigned projects of an Agile team responsible for designing and building software components for the delivery of web applications to millions of Consumer Reports users. Including coordination across departments/divisions, status monitoring and reporting, and stability of these web and mobile projects.
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field. Project management/ Scrum Master certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum is required. 7 – 10 years of IT work experience including 4 or more years of managing projects. Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions. Experience in Lean/ Agile product development methodologies.
• Responsible for overall management of assigned projects, including coordination across departments/divisions, status monitoring and reporting, and stability of projects.
• Establishes and implements project management/agile processes and methodologies.
• Ensures projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to quality standards and meet customer expectations.
• Accountable for development of budgets and overall spending for all projects under management.
• Assembles project plans, iterations and teamwork assignments, identifies resource needs, and escalates functional, quality and timeliness issues.
• Determines IT personnel needs for projects, assigns and monitors project work and provides input into performance appraisals for all staff on assigned projects.
• Tracks key project milestones and adjusts project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers
• Coordinates communication with all areas of the organization that impact project scope, budget, risk and resources of work effort being managed.
• Assists other members of management to identify and prioritize opportunities.
• Manages one of more cross functional projects of medium to high complexity.
• Oversees the work of project management staff; schedules and monitors work; authority to approve or deny time off for assigned staff based on project schedules and demands; may coordinate with functional manager to enable appropriate vacation usage/schedule.
• Performs other duties as necessary.