Click column header to sort
You’ll design and ship software that has a real impact on the marketplace, the law and people's lives. You will partner with Product and Research teams to understand requirements, architect solutions, and implement features that meet business needs. You'll ensure reliability, availability and security of backend services and write clean, efficient, and maintainable code.
As Software Engineer you will serve as a point of escalation for technical issues and provide hands-on-support to help resolve critical problems as well as document technical system architecture, and implementation details for reference and knowledge sharing. You will own project delivery of tasks and facilitate collaboration and communication within the team and across departments, ensuring alignment and transparency to promote a culture of innovation, continuous improvement and knowledge sharing.
As Senior DevOps Engineer you will work with several engineering teams to handle multiple infrastructure needs. You will oversee the Consumer Reports infrastructure by creating monitors, responding to alerts, and adopting DevOps common practices. As Sr DevOps Engineer you will support CR and various teams across the organization to build solutions for deploying, monitoring, maintaining, troubleshooting and suggesting performance and cost optimizations.
As a Senior member of the team, you will:
- Provide expertise regarding the integration, security, and scalability of applications within a Kubernetes infrastructure.
- Conduct and manage performance tuning, load testing, optimization of information/data processing, maintenance, and support of the production environment to ensure system Health.
- Collaborate with other software engineers, database developers, infrastructure, operations, and QA to design and implement quality software delivery solutions.
- Monitor standards for consistent practices across the department.
- Recommend new automation techniques and solutions to improve efficiency and quality.
- Serve as a technical expert on the most challenging support and troubleshooting problems.
- Mentor and teach existing team members.
CR members have relied on us to provide valuable, unbiased insights into the safety, performance and efficiency of each vehicle we test. You’ll be an integral part of this process.
This position requires the technician to conduct simple product testing and experiments in order to provide colleagues within the auto expertise centers with accurate, dependable data in a variety of documentation formats. digital publications. It will also include ensuring that vehicles are cleaned on a regular basis and prior to media work and sale. You will independently conduct vehicle and tire test work with instrumentation as needed and perform vehicle maintenance as directed.
As Research Engineer, you’ll have an opportunity to work on some of the most pressing issues facing consumers today: How we find information. How we protect our personal data. How we get the fair treatment we deserve.
This is an opportunity to ship code that has a real impact on the marketplace and people’s lives. You will help CR nurture new technologies and solutions that advance consumers’ interests, and which can be scaled up by CR or like-minded partners. Some of your projects will inform future revenue-generating projects underwriting CR’s non-profit mission; others will help us fail faster and smarter, with valuable learnings for our peers trying to build a better marketplace. All of your projects will be guided by the mission of making the marketplace better for everyone.
Your product marketing experience plus your critical thinking and ability to understand and combine information from uniquely different data sources will allow you to understand the dynamics and drivers for consumer purchases in your category. You will create the ideal model selection criteria for your product categories rooted in both hard and soft data we may have access to. Your work will include identifying data sources and industry contacts to ensure that the models you identify for testing are “front of mind” for consumers. You will work with the testing and editorial teams to ensure they are aware of industry trends and consumer purchasing patterns.
- You will select models for testing in various product categories, utilizing data from a variety of information resources (internal and external).
- You will identify product models that have “buzz” or will otherwise be of particular interest to consumers.
- You will gain understanding of the market landscape and new product introductions in new and established product categories.
- You will utilize available analytic tools to determine search trends such as seasonality, key segments and features, key brands, popular models and other search terms pertinent to a particular category.
- You will map out a schedule of model introductions to facilitate resource planning for assigned product categories.
- You will engage with product manufacturers and monitor industry announcements to understand future product plans.
- You will monitor the retail landscape with respect to shifts in market share, promotional behavior, price points, and product assortment.
- You will populate and maintain the model database including model pricing and availability data for tested products; establish a regular schedule for pricing and availability maintenance.
- You will review articles prior to publishing for accuracy.
- You will work with stakeholders to assess opportunities in new product categories.
How You’ll Make An Impact
We will be able to bring more mission-aligned new products and services to market more quickly because of your strategic ability to identify unmet consumer needs, and lead a multi-disciplinary team to test, learn and develop new solutions.
- Define and communicate a compelling vision for new products or services that aligns with the company’s overall mission, target markets and business objectives.
- Lead business opportunity teams to qualitatively assess, vet high priority concepts for financial attractiveness, operational viability, consumer appeal, etc. Develop a pipeline of problem spaces and jobs-to-be-done that CR should consider, and be able to shelve ideas that cannot be validated.
- Identify market trends, customer needs, and untapped opportunities. Analyze data and industry insights to inform product decisions and ensure the products meet customer demands and market requirements.
- Lead teams to do product ideation and conceptualization. In addition, collaborate with cross-functional teams to validate concepts, assess feasibility, and create viable product roadmaps.
- Designs business and go to market plans, and helps develop and implement market pilots.
- Oversee the end-to-end product development process, from defining product requirements and feature sets to managing product design and engineering efforts.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and agile development methodologies.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including executives, investors, and partners, to gain support for new product initiatives and secure necessary resources.
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to measure product success and ensure organization is learning from our experiments. Regularly track and analyze product performance, and use insights to drive data-driven improvements and pivot strategies when necessary.
- Develop and manage a high-performing product team, providing mentorship, guidance, and support to team members. Foster a collaborative and innovative work environment that encourages creativity and excellence.