Click column header to sort
How You'll Make An Impact:
In this role you will examine how the use of financial technology - Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, embedded finance and large tech entities' involvement in payment processing and other financial activities, blockchain-based products- affect financial services, consumers and the marketplace. Writing materials exploring and explaining these issues to a variety of audiences supporting CR positions; and working with the Senior Counsel, Director of Financial Fairness, staff, and partners to develop and implement strategies to ensure consumers have agency over their financial data and to ensure responsible fintech innovation.
You’ll create and ship technologies that have a real impact on the marketplace, the law, and people’s lives. CR's work includes solutions to help consumers secure their digital devices, help them take back control of their data, make it easier to buy locally and save money, and more.
- You will design, develop and implement new prototypes and apps consistent with the Digital Lab’s mission.
- You will partner with Product and Research teams to analyze business requirements, conduct feasibility assessments, document specifications, recommend technologies, set deliverable schedules and determine implementation/execution approaches.
- You will contribute full-stack software engineer support, from database to back-end to front-end development.
- You will write and maintain standard code for early-stage prototypes and MVPs of consumer facing products.
- You will implement and test software solutions using agile software development practices.
- You will create unit tests and regression tests
- You will collaborate with contractors, contributors, developers, business staff and other project team members to troubleshoot issues as required.
- You will recommend and monitor standards for coding practices throughout the Digital Lab.
- You will generate high quality developer documentation.
- You will identify returns on learning to enable continuous reduction in time from concept to prototype.
- You will facilitate knowledge transfer to other contributors and teams.
- You will supports, troubleshoot, and maintain existing software systems.
As an AI/ML Engineer, you will support data-driven decision-making at Consumer Reports. You will proactively provide actionable insights for our business to be relevant to our customers & marketplace and drive audience growth. You will add value by providing new insights from internal/external data sets to understand what’s trending and inform what content we need to increase the breadth, speed, and relevance of coverage. You will collaborate with cross-functioning teams and translate business challenges to specific data science problems with measurable outcomes and solve them through the use of modern data technologies and applied data science.
As a AI/ML Engineer you will:
- Analyze business requirements from cross functional teams and translate to technical data science problems.
- Optimize machine learning models for performance and scalability and deploys them into production to ensure repeatable and dependable operation.
- Automate the machine learning pipeline, from data ingestion to prediction generation.
- Collaborate with business, product and engineering teams to build end-to-end data science pipelines.
- Gather data from various sources and assess business utility.
- Perform exploratory data analysis, feature-engineering/selection.
- Apply data science techniques to get insights out of data.
- Build, deploy, and tune Machine Learning models.
- Develop prototypes and visuals to illustrate insights.
Consumer Reports is seeking an experienced, strategic, thoughtful Associate Director, HRBP to join our People & Culture team. Reporting to the Director, Senior HRBP, the Associate Director, HRBP serves as a trusted advisor and thought partner for assigned client groups, providing expert advice on talent management, organization design and effectiveness, employee engagement, employee development, and succession planning. The Associate Director is committed to building a high-performing, equitable and inclusive workplace through people strategies and enterprise-wide initiatives that engage, align, develop and retain top talent. If you have finely honed professional judgment, a passion for creating joy in the workplace, and you thrive on collaboration, we’d love to hear from you.
In People & Culture, no two days are the same. As an HRBP, you will move seamlessly from coaching a senior leader on organizational design to helping a frontline employee resolve a workplace concern; from leading a meeting of your peers on an important department initiative to helping a manager refine a job description; from analyzing data in our HRIS to delivering a leadership development training. Teamwork is the special ingredient in our People & Culture recipe.
As Digital Finance Research and Testing Manager you will develop and execute a plan to expand Fair Digital Finance Standard Framework and to facilitate the expansion of CR’s current product testing categories to Digital Finance products and services. You will lead the strategy to develop new category evaluations of digital financial services, including new and emerging services like buy now pay later loans, peer to peer payment wallets and payments, money management apps, mortgage and personal loan apps, financial planning apps, retail investing apps, cryptocurrency wallets and exchanges, next-generation loyalty and rewards programs, and more. The Digital Finance Research and Testing Manager will ensure standardized approach and documentation of criteria and test procedures; work with CR researchers and technicians to ensure there are established procedures to collect and synthesize data, ensuring that data meets standards for accuracy, repeatability, reproducibility and dependability. Develop and introduce new systems to innovate certain testing routines, and build capacity and expertise on digital finance and the future of money, as part of an emerging "community of practice" at CR!
How You'll Make An Impact:
We will be able to bring more mission-aligned new products and services to market more quickly because of your strategic ability to identify relevant partnerships and your executional talent to negotiate and close deals.
You can help CR reach the next generation of consumers.
As Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for managing compliance for the accounting department, including taxes, State and Federal registrations, and assisting with other IRS-related matters. This will also include processing payroll, accurately recording transactions, and analyzing account balances of Consumer Reports. You will add value by finding efficiencies and leading the research for the sales tax and payroll processes. You will collaborate with cross-functioning teams such as People & Culture, Legal, and the Auto Test Center.
- Manage all aspects of payroll function, including answering employee inquiries, research and review of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC) as it applies to employee compensation, and modification of payroll policies as needed to comply with the IRC.
- Manage all aspects of CR’s Sales Tax Process and other administrative filings, including analyzing and responding to notices.
- Lead life cycle costing for the CR’s Auto Test Center vehicles.
- Support the annual audit process by collaborating with auditors and internal staff to provide timely, accurate responses to auditor inquiries.
- Facilitate departmental accounting goals and manage other special projects in the organization as needed, including workflow process improvements.
- Draft memos that address the accounting of non-routine transactions and the adoption of new accounting pronouncements.
- Maintain, develop, and document new and existing accounting policies and procedures.
- Respond to inquiries from our finance partners and organization-wide managers regarding financial results and special reporting requests.
- Support budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborate with other Finance Division managers to support overall department goals and objectives.