Click column header to sort
CR is interested in expanding the range of products that we test so we can provide consumers with a wider scope of the category reviews and ratings they have come to depend on. As Senior Product Test Technician you will report to the Mgr. Test Technicians, in order to update, modify and establish the testing protocols and lab procedures that will help our in-house experts determine which of these products will make the cut.
- Work with Project Leader to conduct and/or review a variety of product tests and record results according to protocol.
- Ensure test data meets established standards.
- Analyze and correlate test data for review by others.
- Assist with the development of test methodology and design of testing equipment.
- Build test equipment and develop methods to meet test protocols, as required.
- Work cross functionally with stakeholders across the organization include testing, survey and content as needed.
- Prepare, maintain,calibrate and repair (as needed) testing devices and equipment.
- Assist with the training of other Technicians.
- Help with testing in other labs as needed.
Consumer Reports, one of the most influential mission-driven organizations in the world, is seeking a Taxonomist to lead its ontology/taxonomy strategy. An award-winning media organization with close to 3 million paying digital members, CR publishes daily articles covering consumer news, insights and investigations, as well as 8,500+ products and services.
As CR's Taxonomist, you will work closely with a wide array of talented staffers (e.g., editors, marketers, SEO experts, product testers, web developers, etc.) towards optimizing our content's discoverability. This role - which reports to Operations Director in the Content division - will also be responsible for developing a taxonomy roadmap, managing near and long-term objectives for the organization as a whole.
- Develop and align taxonomies for classifying assets across content, testing, and product development.
- Recommend process improvements to key stakeholders that relate to ontology and taxonomy structure.
- Work with key stakeholders to identify the impact to existing internal systems when implementing changes.
- Monitor taxonomy governance and change management.
- Utilize data-centric tools and methodologies to ensure the taxonomy evolves with the business.
- Work across all divisions and products to manage controlled vocabularies and metadata.
- Serve as the business owner of the taxonomy management tool.
This is a great career opportunity for a technically-minded financial services expert, interested in making a measurable impact on consumer privacy, cybersecurity, and the quality of digital financial products and services, as they relate to consumer safety, privacy, cybersecurity, and financial fairness. You will develop an innovative and iterative testing framework to solve a steady stream of interesting challenges, be exposed to the latest software products across the digital finance industry, and have the opportunity to examine them, evaluate them, and increase public knowledge in a way that benefits millions of people. Your work will inform and influence business practices, industry standards, and laws that protect consumers’ financial health and personal data.
- Develop and oversee overall testing strategy for digital financial services, including prioritization of product categories, protocols, methodologies, and work plan.
- Lead category evaluations of digital financial services, including new and emerging services like money management apps, mortgage and personal loan apps, financial planning apps, retail investing apps, cryptocurrency wallets and exchanges, next-generation loyalty and rewards programs, and more.
- Document criteria and test procedures; work with CR researchers and technicians to collect and synthesize data, ensuring that data meets standards for accuracy, repeatability, reproducibility and dependability.
- Collaborate across CR on ways to compare information and report out these services, and participate in the development of dissemination strategies to make our findings useful and relevant for consumers, regulators, legislators, and the companies themselves.
- Build capacity and expertise on digital finance and the future of money, as part of an emerging “community of practice” at CR
As a Lead Project Engineer you will oversee testing projects for a variety of consumer prodcuts. You will ensure that testing protocols and procedures are followed, and develop methodologies to meet testing objectives.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your engineering skills to innovate and create new ways to test products. You will be analyzing the test data using your advanced Excel skills.
This position is a hybrid position and will work out of our Yonkers, New York office (as needed)!
- Plan, coordinate and oversee test projects of considerable scope
- Develop new testing protocols and ensure proper documentation
- Ensure that test data meet established standards for accuracy, repeatability, reproducibility and dependability
- Research new test procedures, and evaluate and recommend improvements to existing test procedures
- Develop product performance ratings based on test data,delivered accurately and within established deadlines.
- Interact with manufacturers, retailers, and internal stakeholders as necessary in order to communicate very technical information in a concise and understandable format
The Senior UX Researcher, Customer Experience will be responsible for iterating Voice of the Consumer (VOC/CX) and UX research.You will work with multiple sources to gauge customer's feedback about their experiences and expectations for CR’s products and services. This feedback will be used to provide consumers with CR’s best in class services and products.
At CR, you will be part of a team that creates new, exciting experiences for the next generation of members. The goal is to see significant results, like higher conversion rates, satisfaction and longer time spent on the site.
This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the future of Consumer Reports for the next generation of consumers.
- Partner with the Associate Director to design research needed to collect consumer information, analyze data and create actionable reports for the business around consumer insights.
- Collaborate with various divisions in the organization driving a VOC centric culture, via working with team members and vendors to identify requirements, create a plan, and execute research.
- Develop and support an enterprise-wide CX measurement system to gauge the customer experience of interactions with CR Digital, traditional, and new ventures products.
- Create concise, insightful presentations, scorecards and dashboards for the business and executive levels to help the organization keep track of KPIs.
- Conduct in depth analysis of metrics to identify themes, research outputs, and narratives.Synthesizes and communicates research insights and findings to a variety of audiences.
Join our Team and help inspire the next generation of Data Professionals. CR is currently seeking a talented full time Data Scientist. We are a mission based non profit organization with data and technology at our core. We design, develop, and deploy sophisticated data driven products and services. If you are a data professional who wants to help us level the playing field for all consumers, CR may be the place for you!
The Data Scientist will support data-driven decision-making at Consumer Reports by providing new insights to business from data through the use of modern data technologies and applied data science. Collaborating with cross functioning teams and translating business challenges to specific data science problems with measurable outcomes will be key. She/he will add value by augmenting new insights from internal/external data sets to elevate our membership offering for audience growth and power new business opportunities with speed and scale.
- Analyze business requirements from cross functional teams and translate to technical data science problems
- Collaborate with business, product and engineering teams to build end-to-end data science pipelines
- Gather data from various sources and assess business utility
- Perform exploratory data analysis, feature-engineering/selection
- Apply data science techniques to get insights out of data
- Build and tune Machine Learning models
- Develop prototypes and visuals to illustrate insights
We have an opening for an experienced laboratory scientist or engineer to join Consumer Reports’ Research, Testing, and Insights team. The successful candidate is expected to work closely with the Program Manager of Test Data and Instrumentation. The work will involve comparative test programs of consumer products, goods, and services, typically including consumer products and services that are similar and/or have some relationship with each other. (Examples might include refrigerators and freezers, or desktop and laptop computers, etc.) The ideal candidate will be someone who solves problems and takes ownership of their work, and retains a sense of urgency to meet project deadlines. We are looking for candidates with innovative and energetic personalities who are willing to explore new ideas, and strong team players with excellent communication skills. This position is for an Experienced Electronics Scientist or Engineer to build, maintain, and service a collection of high-end testing laboratories and a cloud-based data acquisition and retention system.
- Plans, coordinates and oversees the coordination of data acquisition and data transit for RTI projects, ensuring that testing protocols and procedures are properly implemented as they relate to data acquisition, quality, accuracy, repeatability, reproducibility, dependability and integrity
- Helps to build test equipment and data acquisition schemes to accomplish goals defined by test protocols and to preserve fluid data capture onto the RTI Data Platform, as required. Enables a centralized, consistent process for data transfer and data arrangement within Snowflake and the rest of the data platform
- Accelerate and streamline data transfer from various sources (testing labs, survey, consumer experience, safety/sustainability, ICRT, third-party labs, etc.)
- Evaluates and recommends improvements to existing test procedures, as required
- Ensures maintenance and calibration of lab equipment, as required
- Uses Lean techniques to identify value-add features and applications within the RTI Data Platform and its components
- Provides ad hoc data reports as needed
The role is responsible for leading strategic planning, innovation and market intelligence at Consumer Reports. The candidate will support the department’s data analysis needs as well as the organization’s content classification needs. This role will require cross-divisional collaboration with various stakeholders to acquire and organize data and content assets and assist with expansion of Consumer Report’s enterprise-wide Taxonomy.
- Assist with answering questions/hypotheses to inform key business priorities based on analysis of internal and external data sources.
- Prepare performance analytics and metrics used by stakeholders to identify and support growth opportunity.
- Represent enterprise view on projects related to new data opportunities, search capabilities, content development, new products, and other strategic initiatives.
- Partner with cross-divisional team to collect, aggregate, and analyze data from multiple internal and external sources, make recommendations on ways to improve business performance.
- Create and support data science models through programming in Python and R with emphasis on natural language processing and machine learning algorithms.
- Work across all divisions and products to help manage and maintain controlled vocabularies and metadata.
- Participate in developing and aligning taxonomies for classifying assets across product, service, testing and content areas.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders to ensure the taxonomy evolves with the business and new initiatives apply a data-centric methodology from concept through implementation.
Consumer Reports is looking for a Data Scientist to extract, load, and transform large amounts of raw and curated laboratory testing and survey data to facilitate the identification and analysis of patterns that will yield monetizable insights on the consumer marketplace. We will rely on you to partner with your colleagues in testing, survey, and statistics to integrate data together that will lead to substantive information and insights into consumer products, goods, and services, including elements of safety and sustainability of those consumer products. In this role, you should be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, statistics, and engineering. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for curating data.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Combine models through ensemble modeling
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- We will rely on you to build data products to facilitate the extraction of valuable insights into our consumer product testing and survey.
- Integrate valued data sources and automate the data architecture processes
Market analysts at CR start the ball rolling for our rigorous product testing and ratings process, by selecting the models that we evaluate in our labs.
In this role, you will analyze the markets in a variety of product categories, create criteria for model selection, monitor upcoming new product introductions, and identify the models that consumers will see and want to know about, as we look to extend our reach to new audiences. As a member of the Test department, you will work closely with the Testing leaders, as well as other stakeholders in the organization.
Please note that this may eventually be a hybrid remote/onsite role
- Select models for testing in various product categories, utilizing data from a variety of information resources (internal and external).
- Identify product models that have “buzz” or will otherwise be of particular interest to consumers.
- Gain understanding of market landscape and new product introductions in new and established product categories.
- Utilize available analytic tools to determine search trends such as seasonality, key segments and features, key brands, popular models and other search terms pertinent to a particular category.
- Map out a schedule of model introductions to facilitate resource planning for assigned product categories.
- Engage with product manufacturers and monitor industry announcements to understand future product plans.
- Monitor the retail landscape with respect to shifts in market share, promotional behavior, price points, and product assortment.
- Populate and maintain the model database including model pricing and availability data for tested products; establish a regular schedule for pricing and availability maintenance.
- Review articles prior to publishing for accuracy.
- Work with stakeholders to assess opportunities in new product categories.