Click column header to sort
Your efforts will help CR continue our important work on behalf of consumers--paving the way for a change that will significantly increase CR’s philanthropic income from individual members as 86.2% of every dollar we raise funds our program work. You will also:
- Use a donor-centric approach, identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors and prospects with the capacity to give five and six-figure gifts.
- Maintain a 12-month individual donor engagement plan; capturing accurate information around activity in our donor management system.
- Manage a portfolio of 100 to 150 individual major gift prospects through all phases of the donor engagement process.
- Serve as trusted philanthropic advisor to qualified major gift prospects and demonstrate reliable and donor-centric communications.
- Conduct ongoing research on your donor portfolio and qualified prospects to review conflict of interest with CR.
- Support the mid-level President’s Circle program with ongoing solicitations.
- Attend events at which planned giving or major donor prospects will be present to answer questions and engage participants.
- Travel as needed to meet donors in person and advance meaningful relationships as well as to close gifts.
As Associate Director E-Commerce (Product) you will balance and prioritize roadmap initiatives based on user needs and short and long term organizational objectives, partner with internal teams to identify opportunities to develop strategies to drive user statisfaction and membership growth, define metrics and KPI's to track success that allows CR to make informed data driven decisions. You will partner closely with leadership in IT to ensure performance goals are meet and build tools and infrastructure efficiently with scalability in mind.
The Associate Director will also have oversight of one or more product teams to include development and mentoring of staff.
How You'll Make an Impact:
Whether writing a review of Apple’s latest iPhones, evaluating digital notebooks, or offering advice on how to preserve family photos, you’ll combine technical insight, smart reporting, and an eagerness to collaborate with coworkers to generate attention-grabbing stories that further the organization's mission. You will also work with our video, social media, and communications teams to promote CR’s work and help us expand our audience.
Our survey program is committed to understanding and measuring the full range of experiences and issues faced by US consumers. We use those insights to inform our content and testing, shape advocacy efforts, and develop products and services that best meet the needs of today’s consumers.
In this position you will:
- Design multi-platform survey questions
- Clean survey data and perform statistical procedures using software packages (e.g., SAS) to develop ratings and calculate product reliability scores for a wide variety of consumer products and services
- Write reports of the survey results that provide a compelling and cohesive narrative paired with impactful graphic illustrations for editorial departments, advocacy group, data intelligence, and product testing departments
- Publish Survey ratings and product reliability scores on Consumerreports.org
- Review CR print and online publications, TV scripts, white papers, press releases, and other external-facing documents for accuracy and to ensure proper use of survey results
How You'll Make an Impact:
In this position you will directly contribute to building a measurably stronger, diverse and inclusive home for the consumer movement that nurtures leaders and establishes new partnerships, resulting in increased power to win for all consumers. You will:
- Execute building and sustaining an engaged community, nationally and regionally including overseeing the creation of programs that inspire and support our relationships with consumers and get to wins, in services of CR’s overall goals
- Design programs and platforms that drive communication with and among members, creating community and belonging, and power growth, including listening to and addressing member input
- Bring in new highlevel and grassroots relationships and partnership to drive impact at Consumer Reports specifically focused on youth, parents, impacted communities and communities of color
- Direct community building efforts that transform the consumer movement and bring in new emerging audiences
- Direct a program to build and support training for a consumer movement at a large scale
- Partner with divisions such as Marketing, Content, Advocacy and Communications to oversee the development of external partnerships and their input in our core work that could attract new audiences for CR; actively measure results of outreach projects and quickly iterate to optimize the growth of community
As Senior Marketing Associate you will explore creative strategies for new emerging digital platforms to increase brand awareness and consideration with target audiences and ultimately, to drive membership. You will conduct A/B testing, pilot innovative ideas, use data to make real time optimizations and work closely with the Director, Digital Acquisition to manage and optimize digital efforts to grow and support membership.
CR's members depend on the product testing results and data your teams correlate and analyze in order to make good buying decisions.
Our testing data and product insights, coupled with our investigative journalism, help us advocate for change in the marketplace.
In this position you will:
- Oversee Kitchen Appliance workstream testing and ratings operations
- Perform copy reviews of content to ensure accurate test result reporting
- Using data and metrics to inform, evaluate existing plus guide development of new test procedures to enhance processes.
- Stay current on trends in products and markets, testing standards, and competitors’ practices.
- Through continuous improvement initiatives, enhance efficiency, quality, safety, and service while adhering to applicable standards.
- Manage, coach, and cross-train staff consisting of Market Analysts and Test Leaders.
- Maintain a budget of expenses and capital expenditures.
As Head of Experimental Engineering, you will help CR nurture new technologies and solutions that advance consumers’ interests, and which can be scaled up by CR or like-minded partners. You will also realize opportunities to publish and share our work with relevant practitioners and strengthen CR’s technical pedigree. Your work will help reinforce CR’s reputation as a top destination for public interest tech talent.
Through your direct leadership of experimental engineering and your keen sense of CR’s innovation strategy, you will strengthen CR’s overall enterprise performance and accelerate time-to-market for new products and services.
As Research Engineer, you’ll have an opportunity to work on some of the most pressing issues facing consumers today: How we find information. How we protect our personal data. How we get the fair treatment we deserve.
This is an opportunity to ship code that has a real impact on the marketplace and people’s lives. You will help CR nurture new technologies and solutions that advance consumers’ interests, and which can be scaled up by CR or like-minded partners. Some of your projects will inform future revenue-generating projects underwriting CR’s non-profit mission; others will help us fail faster and smarter, with valuable learnings for our peers trying to build a better marketplace. All of your projects will be guided by the mission of making the marketplace better for everyone.
As Senior Data Scientist, you'll have an opportunity to work on some of the most pressing issues facing consumers today: How we find information. How we protect our personal data. How we get the fair treatment we deserve.
You will be responsible for supporting data and analytics-driven research and product development. Using advanced statistical analysis, data mining, and data visualization techniques, you will leverage and synthesize data from various sources to enhance development and deliver insights.
You will collaborate closely with CR’s Data Engineering & Data Science teams and help apply techniques from the Innovation Lab portfolio toward CR’s core ratings and reviews organization, and vice versa. Cross-divisional collaboration to acquire and synthesize data, understand both internal and external analytic and product development goals, and communicate and package potential solutions will be key
All of your work will be in service of helping CR nurture new technologies and solutions that advance consumers’ interests. Some of your projects will inform future revenue-generating projects underwriting CR’s non-profit mission; others will help us fail faster and smarter, with valuable learnings for our peers trying to build a better marketplace.