Click column header to sort
The Community and Corporate Engagement team builds strategic and lasting partnerships with consumers, allies, and business leaders to make our communities and futures safer, fairer and more sustainable.
The Director, Corporate Strategy & Engagement will play a leading role in driving strategy that leverages the power of business to create social impact that is sustainable and at scale, to create shared value in support of CR’s efforts to change the marketplace. The Director will leverage the organization’s expertise to drive strategic corporate engagement by partnering with corporations and industry to drive supply side change and/or engaging in campaigns to change the behaviors of corporations and industry through the demand side. The Director will work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to build out corporate engagement pilots that align with organizational goals for change.
- Shape a vision for corporate strategy & engagement that leverages CR’s assets and consumers’ insights to shape a fair and just marketplace, defining goals, strategies and metrics.
- Work with internal stakeholders to build out a framework that maps the current corporate landscape and integrates organizational campaign themes and goals into a corporate strategy and engagement plan.
- Develop a deep understanding of strategies in CR’s consumer impact areas (cars, food, home, money, tech/privacy) and marketplace change priorities (safety, digital rights, financial fairness, and sustainability) and helps the team plan and coordinate related partner efforts.
- Identify new opportunities for engagement with industry leaders, stakeholders and trade associations.
- Collaborate across the organization, including with subject matter experts and communications strategists on the identification and execution of priority campaigns.
- Identify the expertise, talent, digital tools and other resources to achieve goals.
- As appropriate, acts as public spokesperson to support CR’s external communications strategy on marketplace change and consumer power.
Consumer Reports is more than just testing and ratings--a vital part of our work is leading powerful campaigns, with our members, like Fighting for a Fair Internet or ensuring that credit reporting agencies make credit scores free always, to make our communities and futures safer, fairer and more sustainable.
As Community Organizer, you’ll strengthen and grow CR’s member base by engaging new audiences, developing volunteer leaders, and spearheading communication within our community. The Community Organizer will be responsible for understanding what’s on the minds of current and prospective CR members and how CR can support them. You will design and implement events and activations that empower members to be leaders in advocating for change.
- Design and execute community-oriented events and activities in support of CR’s mission.
- Manage programs, from inception to completion, that support our community engagement strategy.
- Launch experiments to test various engagements and activations to reach and engage younger consumers and communities of color
- Manage digital tools, spaces, and sites to allow for community engagement.
- Serve as a relationship manager and skills developer with top volunteer leaders.
- Develop training programs and resources, grounded in diversity, equity and inclusion, for all members to receive support and empowerment.
- Work with our Strategic Communications and Social Media teams to design program outreach tools including digital assets, videos, social media, emails, and other media.
- Identify success metrics for each program and provide oversight to ensure necessary tracking, delivery, pacing and optimization.
The Campaigns and Community Engagement team builds strategic and lasting partnerships with consumers, allies, and business leaders to make our communities and futures safer, fairer and more sustainable.
We are building an engaged and empowered community of consumers with powerful member-driven campaigns which have included Fight for a Fair Internet and ensure free and accurate credit reporting. As Director, you will lead this strong and dedicated team in delivering impact through campaigns and mobilization efforts, organizing and engagement, and outreach to new audiences using grassroots and online engagement, digital innovation and advocacy content.
- Shape a vision of an engaged and empowered community that leverages CR’s assets and consumers’ insights to shape a fair and just marketplace, defining goals, strategies and metrics.
- Lead a team focused on the development and execution of campaign plans and strategies, mobilization efforts and organizing, and engagement with members and target audiences.
- Develop and deliver on key metrics including growth in online activists, engaged volunteer activists, and influencers that ladder up to organizational goals.
- Collaborate across the organization, including with subject matter experts and communications strategists , on the identification and execution of priority campaigns.
- Identify the staffing, expertise, talent, digital tools and other resources to achieve goals.
- Manage staff, providing coaching and mentoring in support of professional growth and performance, and contributing to a diverse, inclusive and equitable culture.